Thursday, 9 April 2009

Welcome

Welcome to “Aimetu’s Stitchery”.

My stitchery is an outlet for me to sell small ready stitched gifts, handmade beaded items, hand crafted cards, and my own charted designs, with all profits going to two charities. I will also be selling some second-hand charts.

The two charities are:

The MS Society
I was diagnosed with MS in 1999 and since then have gone on to fulfill my dream of teaching. I graduated at Oxford Brookes University in 2003 and now work in a busy secondary school. The MS diagnosis gave me the drive and determination to aim for and achieve my dream. The MS Society works extremely hard in supporting both sufferers and their carers, and researching into treatments and cures.

St Cadfan's Church
To relax from the stresses of school/work, my MS and life in general, we enjoy staying at our holiday caravan in West Wales. It is in a small seaside town and we have become quite involved with the local church, St Cadfan's. The church building is in need of repair, namely to re-plaster the interior walls and prevent the dampness reoccurring. The congregation hold many fundraising events but because we are only there in the holidays and on occasional weekends it is not possible for us to physically help as much as we would like.

I decided to set up the Stitchery to raise money using my hobby which I love and which has helped me in many ways since being diagnosed. I do not want it to become a full time occupation but I do enjoy sharing my work with others and I will be very happy if my hobby can also benefit others.

I have been so lucky in being supported in this project by some of the leading cross stitch designers; the items from their designs will be available soon.

I am really excited about this venture, please let me know if you would like to know more about either of the charities, any links or items on my page or about my plans.

Thank you for your support.

3 comments:

Niki said...

Good luck with the new charity venture x

Julie said...

Blog looks great, it will be a great success i am sure.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this Clare